Thermal oil heater
Pars Dama industrial group thermal oil heater
Thermal oil heater is used for indirect heat transfer in various industrial processes. A thermal oil heater is a device that can be used to achieve high temperatures at low operating pressure. Due to the importance of this machine and its various applications we try to introduce you to the thermal oil heater and its uses.
PDHOB model of Pars dama is continuously and in two types of horizontal and vertical coil based on API and DIN4754 international standards and with capacity of 250.000 to 5.000.000 kcal/hr which is design and produce with pressure working of 10 atmospheres and with outlet of thermal oil to 400 0 c. All construction operations are carried out under the direct supervision of our quality control inspectors.
In industrial heating systems, water and steam are mainly used as operating fluid and heat carrier. However, at high temperature steam and water treatment requires higher operating pressures that are not cost effective and lack high safety coefficient, so in high temperature applications such as natural gas heating, crude oil heating, indirect heating steam and the like use hot oil to transfer heat.
Thermal oil heater is a good alternative to steam boilers due to the use of thermal oils (mineral or synthetic). Therefore, for the purpose of upgrading and optimizing heating systems, hot oil boilers are widely used in various industries for supplying heat up to 400 0 c at low pressure, as well as hot oils up to 300 0 c at close pressure works with atmospheric pressure. To achieve a temperature of 400 0 c by steam and water fluid requires a working pressure of 85 bar.
The usages of thermal oil heater
Textile industry: heating and heating of dyeing machines and calendars and stencil dryers and washing machines.
Synthetic leather and carpet industries: heating and supplying dryers and printing machines.
Chemical industry: heating of autoclaves, paint and varnish industries, mixers, reactors and polymerization machinery.
Wood industry: neon and wood dryers and wood veneers.
Paper industry: dryer hoods and distillers and fat analyzers, heating supply of boilers
Hybrid industries: polymerization devices, extruders and calendars.
Bitumen industries: heaters and mixers and separators
Miscellaneous usages: direct steam production and production of hot water and heat exchanger and heating of ambient air and cooling devices.
Benefits of thermal oil over steam
- Operate under low pressure conditions
- Creating a high temperature and consequently requires less heat
- Non-corrosion due to the chemical structure of the thermal oil
- No frost when the device is turned off
- no clogging deposition and so reduction heat transfer
- no need for equipment for oil purification and softening
- no need for chemical dosing systems to improve the chemical quality of the oil
- absence of heat losses due to condensation and steam flash
- no steam traps
- impossibility of explosion due to compression of compressed gases
- no need for conductor and condensate tank
- no need for blondes
- no need for a vacuum breaker
- strategic ease and need for less maintenance
- high performance and accuracy
- more safety and security
- proper temperature control
- longer-lived structure
- absence of steam strokes and steam flash
- small volume
- ability to install in simple space
- strategic and easy operation
- unlimited heat capacity
- no risk of corrosion and freezing damage
- much less noise than boilers
- no heat loss through condensation
- no need for preliminary water feeding operations
- less time to reach the desired temperature than boilers
Designing and manufacturing thermal oil heater for technical knowledge, experience and special skills.
Accurate and safe design of thermal oil heater is crucial for optimum use in high temperature applications and any neglect of its technical implications and safety principles can cause significant damage and financial damage.
Pars dama oil heater design features
- ability to operate at temperatures above 300 0 c
- ability to withstand heat shock due to temperature difference between inlet and outlet oils to 50 0 c
- better pump performance with lower pressure design in the thermal oil heater system
- using high quality sheets and tubes of high strength fireproof type
- using very accurate controls made by reputable companies with digital temperature indicator
- high safety and efficiency of the system
- easy to maintain and operate
- technical support and after-sales service and spare parts commitment of up to 5 years.
- High reliability in design of body and interior components while respecting high damping and optimizing energy consumption.
- Use of DIN 17175-ST35.8 tubes
- Use of alloy steel DIN 17175-17Mn4 with high tensile strength
- usage of firewood cement 2200 0 c and ceramic boards
- usage of stone wool in insulation body with density of 128 kg/square meter and temperature tolerance of 1260 0 c
capacity and technical features of thermal oil heater
designing pressure:11 atmosphere
hydrostatic test pressure:16.5 atmosphere
the most pressure working of thermal oil heater:10 atmosphere
It is possible to install a recuperator in the exhaust flue gas path to preheat the intake air to the torch and increase the efficiency as an option.
Pars dama thermal oil heater is designed and manufactured in such a way that the heat transfer takes place in three complete thermal passes between the oil and the combustion gases.
In addition, in thermal oil heater, heat must be uniformly transferred to the thermal oil that is moving and circulating in the spiral coil. Any uneven overheating or stopping oil movement in the thermal coil path will increase the oil temperature, and if the oil temperature rises above its maximum operating temperature, it will rapidly oxidize the oil and form coke in the system, it becomes oil that will shut down the system in a short period of time.
Other standards and high quality thermal oil heaters
- use quality materials according to standard
- the use of non-fired or steam-free pipes is not permitted under any circumstances.
- Consumption sheets should be 17mn4 standard
- Using sheets and pipes less than the permitted thickness can reduce the lifetime of the boiler and the risks involved.
- Welding of thermal oil heaters should be controlled by a third party inspection company under the supervision of the standard Bureau (RT) and UT (ultrasonic) and reports shall be provided in full to ensure the quality of the welds.
- The thermal oil heater must be equipped with a reliable and quality control system to automatically prevent the boiler from interrupting the burner if there are any problems such as excessive oil temperature rise, oil spin, etc.
- A standard fully automatic burner (gas/diesel burner) standard tailored to the capacity of the boiler
- One or two circuits of the circular pump of Iran tolid according to the capacity of the thermal oil heater
- Expansion tank
- Shiva amvaj digital thermostat with temperature indicator outlet to adjust oil temperature
- Shiva amwaj digital thermostat with temperature indicator reverse to adjust oil temperature
- Shiva amwaj digital thermostat with temperature indicator outlet exhaust to adjust oil temperature
- Steel oil manometer to observe the pressure of the oil circulation system
- Power switch and steering wheel to control the whole package system with the main components
- Main brand power steering board for B metal contactor and heat keys
- Iran Tolid oil injection pump system
- Separator tank
- Stainless steel accordion shock absorber
- Two-valve flange type steel valve
- Stainless steel lattice flange strainer
- Cold oil storage tank
- Two high pressure switches with main Danfuss brand for high and low pressure control of the system
- A high temperature electric flywheel with the Ives brand to control the expansion tank surface
Description of design principles
Pars dama thermal oil heater is designed in such a way that the heat transfer takes place in three complete thermal passes between the oil and the combustion gases. Increasing the heat transfer level in thermal oil heater results in efficient use of energy and reduced fuel consumption.
Tips on thermal oil heater design
It should be noted that due to the high working temperature in thermal oil heaters, compliance with safety principles is of great importance in its design and construction, and any neglect of its technical complexity and safety principles can cause personal injury and financial damage abundance.
In this regard, Pars dama thermal oil heaters are designed and manufactured in accordance with DIN4754 standard.
Thermal oil heater based on capacity is produced in single coils, two coils or three coils, and each coil is made up of one, two or three pipe threads together. (it is usually composed of a thermal dowel and each dowel consists of one or two tubes)
All sheets used in loose construction, combustion chamber and drum in thermal oil heater should be of DIN 17155-17mn4 type. Consumable pipes must also be of seamless firewood type according to DIN17175-ST35.8.
Pars dama thermal oil heater types
Vertical or horizontal thermal oil heater
Thermal oil heaters are designed either horizontally or vertically depending on their capacity and design specifications, both of which have their disadvantages and advantages.
Thermal oil heater gas burner, diesel fuel and hybrid:
Thermal oil boilers are produced on the basis of the fuel available at the installation site with either a gas burner or gas oil burner or a dual burner (gas and gas oil) or triple burner (gas, gas oil and fuel oil) burners.
Safety and hazards of thermal oil heater
Workplace safety is one of the first and undeniable priorities that must be addressed in all areas. In thermal oil heaters due to the high temperature of the oil, safety is of particular importance and any neglect can cause serious personal injury and financial damage.